WIN a chance to compete at the Classic Tetris World Championship
It’s a playoff! That’s right, we’re taking qualifying scores this year and the top 8 players will enter a bracket to find LPGE’s Southern Qualifier for this year’s CTWC. LPGE will fly the winner to the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in Portland, Oregon for a chance to compete against the best Tetris players in the world. LPGE will provide the winner with a plane ticket**, a hotel room, and a pass to PRGE.
Southern Qualifier Rules!
- Qualifying rounds will be held Friday Noon-8PM and Saturday 10AM-2PM.
- Entry fee is $10. Once paid, entrants can make as many qualifying attempts as they are willing to stand in line for. NES stations will be available to rent for one period of one hour for an additional fee (for more info, see NEW RULES below).
- Qualifying attempts will be on Type A Tetris (NES Licensed Version) for highest score starting on level 9 or higher.
- Once an entrant’s game is over for any reason, they must make sure a scorekeeper records their score and then return to the back of the line for another attempt record their score. It is ENTIRELY the responsibility of the ENTRANT to ensure the appropriate LPGE staff records their score.
- The top eight (8) players will play in a bracket tournament to determine the winner of the Southern Qualifier.
- One round trip ticket to Portland, Oregon
- A hotel room for the duration of PRGE [October 18-20]
- One weekend pass to PRGE
- Your very own copy of Tetris to practice on before the championship (remember, you’re representing the South!)
- No entry fee for CTWC
- A one hour station on qualifying day (at PRGE)
- Guaranteed the 32nd spot at the Classic Tetris World Championship (if a higher score than the 32nd is scored on qualifying day at PRGE, then that spot will be used instead)
Competition Terms and Conditions
- The competition administrator is the Let’s Play Gaming Expo (LPGE).
- Employees and volunteers of LPGE or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or LPGE set up at the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is a $10 dollar entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Closing date for entry will be August 10th, 2019 at 5pm. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- LPGE accepts no responsibility for any entrant’s failure to enter the competition, for any reason whatsoever.
- The administrator reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Entrants will be notified to changes in the competition, should they occur, as soon as possible by the administrator.
- The administrator is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party. LPGE is the sole authority for any and all information associated with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be notified by the administrator upon the end of the completion of the competition on Saturday, August 10th, 2019. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within fourteen days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The administrator will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The administrator’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into, nor will any dispute be acknowledged, in any form.
- By entering this competition, all entrants are indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Texas law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Texas.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Grindr, or any other social network or social media platform. You are providing your information to LPGE and not to any other party.
- Additionally, the administrators of the LPGE will select the airport used for departure to PRGE. Unless expressly agreed to by the administrator, in writing, and upon discussion with the top qualifier, LPGE will select flights departing and returning to the Dallas/ Fort Worth Metroplex.
- To the extent possible, however, it is the intent of LGPE to accommodate the winner’s travel to Portland- within reason. We want the top qualifier to represent the Let’s Play Gaming Expo at PRGE, but we’re not made of gold, and our lawyer insisted that we cover our back ends. As such, the travel accommodation is limited to $500. Work with us here, people.
- The top qualifier will have NO recourse should a conflict with the travel arrangements arise. As previously stated, qualification for the Tetris Prize does NOT create a property interest in the “prize”, including, but not limited to, the travel provision.
** The plane ticket/travel arrangements will be purchased on dates and times at the sole discretion of the LPGE organizers. Qualification for the Tetris Prize does NOT create a property interest in the “prize”. If the top qualifier is unable to attend the PRGE trip for any reason, the “prize” will be forfeited in its entirety. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Additionally, the administrators of the LPGE will select the airport used for departure to PRGE.