Join us as we continue to be pioneers in the esports world! The Let’s Play Gaming Expo was the first to be a regional qualifier for the Classic Tetris World Championship, and now we’ll now also be one of the first to be a regional qualifier for Tecmo Madison, the definitive tournament for Tecmo Super Bowl on the Nintendo Entertainment System.
Not only are we partnering with Tecmo Madison, representatives from their team will be flying down to run the TSB tournamentat LPGE! This year Tecmo Madison XIII had their largest attendance to date and doesn’t look like it’ll stop anytime soon. Not with sponsors like Koei Tecmo and the Bo Jackson Give Me a Chance Foundation behind them and an NFL film made about them. We’re super excited about bringing this to y’all!!!
In addition to the thousands who make the annual pilgrimage to Madison, tens of thousands have participated by watching online live streaming of the tournament. This year saw joeygats do the unthinkable and go undefeated two seasons in a row to become a back to back Tecmo Madison champ. Joeygats and Regulator, household names in the TSB world, will both be attending LPGE to assist with the tournament and will gladly sign autographs if requested.
As with the CTWC qualifier, we’ll again be offering a trip to the Tecmo Super Bowl tournament winner to represent LPGE at Tecmo Madison XIV in 2018. Tournament and prize details to follow.
Do you have the gridiron skills to take on the best?
For Tecmo Madison’s Tecmo Super Bowl Southern Qualifier, we’ve partnered with smash.gg to bring you the best competitive experience. Smash.gg represents the latest in tournament registration and organization software. Visit our Low Tier City 5 page to register for the event!
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition administrator is Tecmo Madison (Administrator). The competition promoter is Let’s Play Gaming Expo (LPGE) and (Promoter).
2. Employees and volunteers of LPGE or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition, its administration, or having any other involvement in the LPGE, including all volunteers and paid staff, shall not be permitted to enter the competition, excluding participants in the video streams. Participation in video streams will not constitute involvement in the LPGE and will not result in exclusion from the competition.
3. There is a $10 dollar entry fee, and there is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Exclusive route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are located at: https://smash.gg/tournament/low-tier-city-5/register . Registration through SmashGG is the only valid route to enter the competition. Entries received through any other channel will not be entered into the competition, and will be considered null and void.
5. Closing date for entry will be July 29th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. After this date and time, no further entries to the competition will be permitted or accepted.
6. Neither Administrator nor LPGE bears any responsibility for entries that are not received by the above stated deadline.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner can be found at the following link, HERE.
8. LPGE reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of LPGE’s control. Entrants will be notified to changes in the competition, should they occur, as soon as possible by the Administrator.
9. Neither the Administrator nor LPGE is responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition. LPGE is the sole authority on all information about the competition, its prize details, and any related content relating to this competition.
10. NO cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are NOT transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and LPGE reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. The winner will be chosen solely in the manner described HERE.
12. The winner will be notified by the Administrator upon the end of the completion on Saturday, August 5th, 2017. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within fourteen days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. In the event that the winner is unavailable, for whatever reason, Administrator will substitute the winner for the entrant with the runner-up score (Runner Up). Administrator will follow the same procedures described above to notify Runner Up and try to accommodate their travel to Madison. LPGE remains the sole authority on the distribution of any prizes associated with this competition.
13. Administrator will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected. It is therefore incumbent on each entrant to provide accurate and up to date contact information. LPGE will make a good faith effort to contract the winner, but, it bears no responsibility if the winner cannot be contacted using the information that the entrant has provided.
14. Administrator’s decision in respect to all matters regarding the competition will be FINAL and no correspondence regarding complaints or grievances will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by ALL of the terms and conditions set forth in this document.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Texas law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Texas. LPGE further reserves the right to resolve any conflicts through Alternative Dispute Resolution, with a mediator of its choosing, including counsel for LPGE, but failing the availability of LPGE’s counsel, geographically bound to the Dallas/ Fort Worth region of Texas.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. This is non-negotiable and a term of entrance into the competition.
18. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, or any other social media platform. You are providing your information to LPGE and not to any other third-party. Futher, LPGE reserves the sole right to use the info, likeness, and any details about entrants to promote and market this competition and others, into perpetuity.
21. Additionally, the administrators of the LPGE will select the airport used for departure to Tecmo Madison. Unless expressly agreed to by the administrators, prior to the purchasing of any airline travel or accommodation, and upon discussion with the top qualifier, LPGE will select flights departing and returning to the Dallas/ Fort Worth Metroplex.
22. To the extent possible, however, it is the intent of LGPE to accommodate the winner’s travel to Madison, Wisconsin, within reason. We want the top qualifier to represent the Let’s Play Gaming Expo at Tecmo Madison, but we’re not made of gold, and our lawyer insisted that we cover our back ends. As such, the travel accommodation is limited to $500. Work with us here, people.
23. The top qualifier will have NO recourse should a conflict with the travel arrangements arise. As previously stated, qualification for Tecmo Madison does NOT create a property interest in the “prize”, including, but not limited to, the travel provision.
** The plane ticket/travel arrangements will be purchased on dates and times at the sole discretion of the LPGE organizers. Qualification for Tecmo Madison does NOT create a property interest in the “prize”. If the top qualifier is unable to attend Tecmo Madison trip for any reason, the “prize” will be forfeited in its entirety. NO cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is NOT transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. Additionally, the administrators of the LPGE will select the airport used for departure to Tecmo Madison.
Tecmo Madison is the premiere Tecmo Super Bowl tournament in the nation, drawing contestants to Madison, Wisconsin each year to vie for the title of Tecmo World Champion. The largest, and most well respected Tecmo tournament in the world, Tecmo Madison has partnered with LPGE to send someone to represent the south in this college town for next year’s championship.
That’s right, in 2012 NFL Films did a production about Tecmo Super Bowl that was inspired by and featured Tecmo Madison. Not only did they follow some of the world’s best TSB players as they prepared for the tournament, but they talk shop with real players about their memories of the game.